In the winter of 2014, I had the privilege of leading a weekly Bible Study with students at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic High School in Spruce Grove, AB, students who wanted to explore one of the Gospels and so deepen their faith. The following posts represent my notes for our discussions during those studies.
Unfolding Scripture (Introduction) Part I: What is the Bible and Where did it come from?
Unfolding Scripture (Introduction) Part II: What does the Church Say about the Bible?
- Unfolding Mark 1 – Jesus’ Baptism, temptation, and the beginnings of His ministry
- Unfolding Mark 2 – Jesus heals a paralyzed man, calls disciples, and discusses the Sabbath
- Unfolding Mark 3 – Jesus cures many, chooses his apostles, & is confronted by His family
- Unfolding Mark 4 – Parable of the sower and others, calming of the storm at sea
- Unfolding Mark 5 – Jesus heals a man with a demon, a little girl, and a woman with a hemorrhage
- Unfolding Mark 6 – Jesus rejected in Nazareth, sending out the 12, the death of John the Baptist, feeding 5000
- Unfolding Mark 7 – What makes a man clean, Jesus and the Greeks, the healing of a blind man
- Unfolding Mark 8 – Jesus feeds 4000, heals another blind man, & Peter’s declaration of faith
- Unfolding Mark 9 – Transfiguration & other teachings
- Unfolding Mark 10 – Marriage, Childlike faith, true honor
- Unfolding Mark 11 – Palm Sunday, cleansing of the temple, Jesus and the Pharisees
- Unfolding Mark 12 – Jesus teaching
- Unfolding Mark 13 – On the End of the World
- Unfolding Mark 14 – Conspiracy against Jesus, the Last Supper, and the Agony in the Garden
- Unfolding Mark 15 – Jesus’ Passion and Death
- Unfolding Mark 16 – The Resurrection